Why Virginia Tech?
Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).
At a glance ...
- Located in Blacksburg, Virginia
- Eight colleges and graduate school
- 65 bachelor's degree programs
- 150 master's and doctoral degree programs
- 30,000+ full-time students
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- Main campus includes more than 125 buildings, 2,600 acres, and an airport
- Computing and communications complex for worldwide information access
- Ranked 47th in university research in the United States
- Has adjacent corporate research center
University Facts and Figures
More Than 70 Undergraduate Majors and Minors
Colleges and Departments
Virginia Tech offers 76 masters and 62 doctoral degrees through nine academic colleges.
Meet Our Students
Residency of Undergraduate Students
|Virginia Tech undergraduate students||17,626|
|Nonresident undergraduate students (includes international students||6,233|
|Undergraduate students living in residence halls||9,087|
Factbook: VT Student Profile: http://www.vt.edu/about/factbook/student-overview.html
Meet Our Faculty
At Virginia Tech, our professors might be on the verge of developing a smarter cell phone, or winning a national prize for poetry, or creating a process to bring products to the marketplace faster.