Why Virginia Tech?
Virginia Tech takes a hands-on, engaging approach to education, preparing scholars to be leaders in their fields and communities. As the commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers 215 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 30,000 students and manages a research portfolio of more than $450 million. The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
At a glance ...
- Located in Blacksburg, Virginia
- Eight colleges and graduate school
- 65 bachelor's degree programs
- 150 master's and doctoral degree programs
- 30,000+ full-time students
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- Main campus includes more than 125 buildings, 2,600 acres, and an airport
- Computing and communications complex for worldwide information access
- Ranked 47th in university research in the United States
- Has adjacent corporate research center
University Facts and Figures
More Than 70 Undergraduate Majors and Minors
Colleges and Departments
Virginia Tech offers 76 masters and 62 doctoral degrees through nine academic colleges.
Meet Our Students
Residency of Undergraduate Students
|Virginia Tech undergraduate students||17,626|
|Nonresident undergraduate students (includes international students||6,233|
|Undergraduate students living in residence halls||9,087|
Factbook VT Student Profile
Meet Our Faculty
At Virginia Tech, our professors might be on the verge of developing a smarter cell phone, or winning a national prize for poetry, or creating a process to bring products to the marketplace faster.